June 22, 2011

When you thought i wasn't looking


(A message every parent or adult should read, because children are watching you and doing as you do, not as you say)
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator & I immediately wanted to paint another one. 

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you feed a stray cat & I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw tears come from yours eyes & I learned that sometimes things hurt but it's all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you make my favourite cake for me & I learned that the little things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I heard you pray & I knew there is a God I could always talk to & I learned to trust in God.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I felt you kiss me good night. I felt love & safe.
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick & I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.

When you thought I wasn't looking, 
I saw you give of your time & money to help people who had nothing & I learned that those who have something should give to those who don't.

When you thought I wasn't looking, 
I saw you take care of our house & everyone in it & I learned we have to take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn't looking, 
I learned most of life's lessons that I need to know from you - how to be a good & productive person when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I looked at you & wanted to say, 'Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.' 

 


4 comments:

1000 of thanks for your comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...