1. My hands are small; please don’t expectperfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture or throw a ball.
2. My legs are short; please slow down so that I can keep up with you.
3. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; please let me explore safely, don’t restrict me unnecessarily.
4. Housework will always be there. I’m only little for such a short
time — please take time to explain things to me about this wonderful
world, and do so willingly.
feelings are tender; please be sensitive to my needs, don’t nag me all
day long. (You wouldn’t want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness).
Treat me as you would like to be treated.
6. I am a special gift
from God; please treasure me as God intended you to do, holding me
accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by, and
disciplining me in a loving manner.
7. I need your encouragement
and praise, but not your criticism, to grow. Please go easy on the
criticism; remember, you can criticize the things I do without
8. Please give me the freedom to make decisions
concerning myself. Permit me to fail, so that I can learn from my
mistakes. Then someday I’ll be prepared to make the kind of decisions
life requires of me.
9. Please don’t do things over for me. Somehow
that makes me feel that my efforts didn’t quite measure up to your
expectations. I know it’s hard, but please don’t try to compare me with
my brother or my sister.
10. Please don’t be afraid to leave for a weekend. Kids need vacations from parents, just as parents need vacations from kids.
11. Please take me to house of worship regularly, setting a good example for me to follow. I enjoy learning more about God.