January 03, 2012

I KNEW YOU WOULD COME

There were two childhood friends who went through school and college and even joined the army together.



War broke out and they were fighting in the same unit. One night they were ambushed. Bullets were flying all over and out of the darkness came a voice, "Harry, please come and help me."



Harry immediately recognized the voice of his childhood friend, Bill. He asked the captain if he could go. The captain said, "No, I can't let you go, I am already short-handed and I cannot afford to lose one more person. Besides, the way Bill sounds he is not going to make it."



Harry kept quiet. Again the voice came, "Harry, please come and help me." Harry sat quietly because the captain had refused earlier. Again and again the voice came. Harry couldn't contain himself any longer and told the captain, "Captain, this is my childhood friend. I have to go and help." The captain reluctantly let him go. Harry crawled through the darkness and dragged Bill back into the trench.



They found that Bill was dead. Now the captain got angry and shouted at Harry, "Didn't I tell you he was not going to make it? He is dead, you could have been killed and I could have lost a hand. That was a mistake." Harry replied, "Captain, I did the right thing. When I reached Bill he was still alive and his last words were 'Harry, I knew you would come.



Good relationships are hard to find and once developed should be nurtured. We are often told: Live your dream. But you cannot live your dream at the expense of others.


People who do so are unscrupulous. We need to make personal sacrifices for our family, friends, and those we care about and who depend on us.

1 comment:

1000 of thanks for your comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...